Friday, January 10, 2014

Why the Anonymity?



---Good morning everyone! I again find myself getting ready for work (yes I work nights) and decided to make a blog post when I did not intend too. Last night I found (on Facebook) an old friend that I lost touch with about 4 yrs ago. I was rather excited to touch base with her again. I looked at her timeline and noticed a post she made recently about an anonymous pervert leaving unsavory messages where she works. It dawned on me that before I add her as a friend, that I better make sure she knows that I am not the anonymous pervert.
---Then I got to thinking, what about the rest of you? Do you think it's odd or shady that I am not using my real name on either my Twitter or Facebook profile? Do you automatically dismiss what i have to say because I keep my identity in the shadows?
My reasons for being anonymous were three fold. The first being, this is my pen name and I am writing a book. I prefer that my book be associated with my pen name and not myself. Both for privacy reasons, and for the following two reasons.
---Second is that I really don't want my place of employment to know that I am writing this book. My work is what enables me to fund this hobby. They are happy with the way I do my job and I am happy with the pay. I feel no need to expand my gender studies to work as I see no benefit. I will never be able to work en femme, and more likely I will have a superior that just doesn't understand.
---Lastly is my family. So I really don't care about most of my family knowing about Raine. We are flesh and blood and at the end of the day they better still love me no matter what. My parents are a different story though. They are both VERY religious and raised me to be so. That is probably the biggest reason why I grew up questioning my beliefs as I was being told what to believe. Regardless they will never ever understand or accept me living three months as a woman and would likely disown me. At their advanced age, this is not a obstacle I want to tackle.
---So let's make this clear. I am not a pervert hiding in the shadows. I do not have evil intentions. I am merely an explorer treading on new ground and sharing my experiences. When my book is complete and released, I will be more than happy to meet with everyone. Some of you already know ho I am, and I only ask you please keep that confidential on this account. I am also available to answer any questions you have, all you have to do is ask.

---Ciao for now! XOXOXOX
Raine

No comments:

Post a Comment