Monday, January 6, 2014

Living on the Other Side of the Gender Fence

Merry meet!
Well here I am in  front of the keyboard committing to a plan to live life as a woman for 3 months... one season. For the most part, I am an average guy. living in Eureka Springs Arkansas. I love baseball, kayaking, and traveling. The un-average part of me would be the part that does not conform to societal standards regarding gender. I believe that gender is not related to ones birth sex, and should be as easy to change as putting on a different pair of shoes. I'm not going to get into a deep discussion on this topic today as I will save it for another day.

So here is the plan: I pledge to live life as a woman for 3 months, document my experiences, and then write a book about it.

Let me make it clear, I am not doing this to win rights for the transgendered community. I am not an activist, nor a trailblazer. I am not a woman trapped in a mans body, nor do I seek sexual realignment surgery. I prefer my twig and berries right where they are thank you very much. My goal is very simple, experience life from a different viewpoint period. I am extremely interested to document peoples reactions to me in public.

My promise to you: I promise to give live updates of my day on Twitter @Raine_Ginger and less so on my Facebook account https://www.facebook.com/ginger.raine.94. I also will make a daily blog post here on my non work days. Please ask any questions you may have and I will answer them all as quickly as I can. I will not reply to trolls and flaming remarks.

Well I am off to go exercise! I have a ton of preparations to complete before I actually start this little journey. Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment